Owning a home is a milestone in everyone’s life. But many innocent buyers fall into the traps that plague the real estate business world. Dealing in real estate is a smart game as one need to keep his eyes and ears open to escape from these two-faced dealers. One needs to be diligent to get a good deal and to buy affordable flats in Bangalore or in any other Indian cities. All legal papers in connection with the property must be verified before one signs an agreement with the builder.
CREDAI (Confederation of Real Estate Developers) Bangalore, which is a charter of CREDAI India is a governing body of builders and is working towards forming a group of quality builders who sell properties and low budget flats in Bangalore to the buyers. CREDAI consists of builders who aim to provide transparency and promote real estate industry in the right way. All CREDAI members need to follow some code of conduct as if they should maintain uniform clauses for agreements on construction of the property, the timeliness in the completion of the project, the approvals, area utilization etc.
Even when all these rules and norms are present, many fall into the false traps and become prey to the frauds. It usually happens when people go around looking for cheap flats in Bangalore, and get cheated by builders who doesn’t care about quality aspects. Here are some important points to keep in mind while you deal with a builder or when your under construction property is in dispute.
- Approach the builder directly, as most of the builders are customer oriented. They focus on the customer’s interest always. As the builders are obliged to provide the details on the issues of the property to all customers, they have no other way than to address your concern.
- If the builder is not directly solving the problem, then one can approach CREDAI, if the builder is a member. A complaint can be filed in the CREDAI through the customer Redressal forum. When the forum takes up the complaint, then they will enquire with the builder and ask them to take necessary steps to resolve the issue. The builder is supposed to get back within the stipulated time mentioned. If the builder is not responding and if the matter is genuine, then CREDAI takes action like, the committee can call up a meeting with both parties.
- If the customer is Bangalore based and wanted to solve their property related issue, then he/she can approach other organizations like National Realtors Association (NRA) which have a branch in Bangalore called the Bangalore Nations Realtors Association India.
- If the builder is a non-CREDAI member, then the consumer court is the best to be approached for to protect the consumer right. They will help consumers to deal with unfair practices happening in the consumer world. The committee investigates the cases and a board decides the verdict depending on the circumstances.
- Legal actions are the last resort, which a consumer do to battle against the builder. But if you are filing a civil case it may take a long time to get settled.